MUSIC NIGHT - SWISS TV - DANI BECK INTERVIEW
On June 28th, 2008, Dani Beck interviewed KROKUS for Swiss Television’s “Music Night”, asking vocalist Marc Storace, lead guitarist Fernando Von Arb and bass player Chris Von Rohr probing questions that might be of interest to you in anticipation of the concert of the year in Bern/Switzerland on August 2nd, 2008.
So, if you are interested to find the answers to:
- The most successful Swiss rock band of all times reunited again, who would have thought that? How does it feel for the three of you to be back on promo tour again after all these years?
- At which point did you believe for sure that this reunion would take place? At one time in the past it was a subject matter during or after the release of the film/DVD “KROKUS: As Long As We Live”.
- Did you meet prior to that TV event or was this really the first time where you all met at the TV studio and practically were forced to speak with each other?
- You all did not speak to each other for such along time, that could be considered by some as borderline “hate”. When did you first realize that there is really still a connection between you all?
- How was it when Marc joined you in the rehearsal room and it all went smoothly?
- Back then at the Hammersmith Odeon a young Mandy Meyer played guitar with KROKUS. And he was also part of the immediate past line-up. Was he an option to join KROKUS with the current line up on guitar?
- You resurrected Mark “Koki” Kohler. What did he do up that moment?
- Marc, did you have to give the news to your old band mates personally, that you would rejoin musically Chris and Fernando?
- Whenever there is a “reunion” there is always talk about money that played a role in the decision. What about you, do you have any lucrative offers on the table as we speak?
- When one asks the people on the street and critics alike, they all want to know if Chris still can deliver after all the years away from the stage.
- Now you want to resurrect the most successful Swiss rock band of all times. In your opinion, why has no one followed your footsteps and continued International success where you left off after all these years?
- August 2nd is the day all KROKUS fans are looking forward to. Some say one should go see the show to witness the raw power of the originals and whether they still bring it. Others think that this will be a single event and after that each member goes their own way. That’s not the idea, right?
- The idea is therefore to record a new album. Have you worked already on some new material?
- KROKUS live in Bern on August 2nd. Are you all a little nervous already?
- What about your anticipation how the fans will react?
- Chris, for years you were on the other side of the spectrum as a journalist and you criticized others at times harshly. The critics will have a field day with you.
All these questions are answered in English and German on our web site www.krokusonline.com under GLOBE CLUB. Simply click on the link to the left “Dani Beck Music Night Interview 6-28-08” and you can read up on it at your leisure.
We also proudly would like to let you know that we have an official “MySpace” web site. I would like to personally thank Toni Ott from Zurich for his help and who “juiced” it up for me. You can join us as a friend or send comments at www.myspace.com/krokusonline.
If you join us at our MySpace site, and provided you speak Swiss, you will be able to watch the entire TV interview (second video from top – it might take just a little longer to upload than the “You Tube” videos) with Dani Beck & KROKUS and understand what they say. If not, you can wait for the videos that are part of that interview. The first one is a video clip of “Backseat Rock’N’Roll” from the 1980 release “Metal Rendez-Vous” and features original founder Tommy Kiefer on guitar. Next video is the playback clip of Swiss TV’s show “The Greatest Hits Of All Time” from last October with a medley of “Tokyo Nights”, Bedside Radio” and “Heatstrokes”. Then you can watch a “live” video clip of “Rock City”, filmed in 1981 at the legendary Hammersmith Odeon in London. And it does not stop there. As part of the interview you can watch the video clip “Screaming In The Night” (commercially the most successful KROKUS song in the USA) from 1983’s “Headhunter” release. Very surreal. Chris mentions in the interview with Dani, that Marc stepped on Chris’s hamburger towards the end of the clip. And lastly “Heatstrokes” of the 1980 Album “Metal Rendez-Vous” is played. It’s a taped TV show with live audience. You may also see the video at www.sf.tv.
The very dynamic and popular Dani Beck is one of our friends (not just on “MySpace”) and you might want to check out his www.myspace.com/beckinblack web site.
Our MySpace site also features a number of videos and a slide show with pictures. And you can glance at the world map to see in which country KROKUS is most popular. And don’t forget our juke box! We look forward seeing you there….
We see you in less than two weeks in Bern and look forward rocking the stadium with you.