DOMINIQUE FAVEZ - Guitars
1. What were your influences?
My influences are diverse. On one hand I love the classic bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Kiss and Aerosmith, on the other hand I love music from Deftones and Korn.
2. What guitar do you play? (model)
Play a black GRETSCH - model “Duo Jet”.
3. What amp do you use?
The amp of my choice is a brand called “Crate”.
4. What speakers?
Crate - 4x12 only.
5. You joined KROKUS right after Marc’s reunion with Fernando in 2002. KROKUS was your childhood favorite band. So, how does it feel to still be a musician in this legendary band today, 4 years after you originally joined?
You are right, they were my childhood fave’s! When I was young and did not yet own a guitar, I used to stand in front of the mirror, listening to all the KROKUS hits, using my tennis racket like an air guitar. Many years later I worked with Marc Storace, Tony Castell and Patrick Aeby on a project called “DC World” and that connection led to my participation not just as a musician on “Rock The Block”, but also as co-producer together with (then) drummer Patrick Aeby and Fernando Von Arb. With the same team I served also as co-producer of the “Fire & Gasoline” CD, which was recorded “live” in Switzerland and Sweden. It has been a long journey for me from playing with a tennis racket in front of a mirror and now on guitar on stages all over the world with KROKUS. The experience can only get better with our forthcoming release “Hellraiser”!
6. What else do you do apart from playing guitar?
I am a passionate Music Producer when not recording or touring with KROKUS.
I’m addicted to computer games and I’m rather good at it. Also love to go to the movies. Lastly, don’t know whether this is a “hobby”, but I sleep a lot whenever given the opportunity.
8. You joined KROKUS together with your old musician friend from the “DC World” Project and drummer, Patrick Aeby, who left KROKUS after the last US Tour. Pat also spoke French and came from Lausanne (French speaking part of Switzerland), like you. Can you please explain why Pat left and how you felt then, and how you feel about the band today?
Pat’s leaving KROKUS was a mutual decision by him and the rest of the band. It’s business, views and goals in a team can change and such is life. That does not mean that I still do not miss him as a person at times, since he was during his tenure with KROKUS one of my best friends in the band. I still keep in touch with him privately. However, “the show must go on” and Stefan Schwarzmann is also a fabulous and experienced rock drummer.
9. Do you write songs?
Yes and I’m very happy to have three songs and partially a fourth one on the upcoming CD release “Hellraiser”. Listen to my songwriting on “Hangman”, “No risk no gain”, “Take my love” and my contribution to “Love will survive” and drop me a note via our KROKUS Globe Club For Clan & Fan.
10. How would you spend your dream vacation?
Still dreaming about it, and as I said earlier: I love to sleep!
11. Anything else that you think is important or interesting about you?
Professionally I am excited about “Hellraiser” and the reactions of the fans and the media and I look forward seeing each and every one of you during our upcoming tour. Privately I’m excited to announce that I became a father at the end of 2006!!!